No one likes to be backed into a corner when it comes to mealtime. Whether you work full-time or are retired, you want all your ducks in a row for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. This way, you’ll be less tempted to eat out, blowing your calories and cash on a single meal – as opposed to a day, or even week’s worth, of food. Steel-cut oats are a great place to start for breakfast. They are versatile, delicious, and easy to work with and store. This cinnamon-infused treat is also the perfect comfort food that will kick your metabolism into high gear. Get started with the ingredients and directions below, and it will be one meal you look forward to each day!
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup millet
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a slow cooker, combine the apple juice, water, almond milk, cinnamon and allspice and whisk.
- Add the steel-cut oats and millet and stir, then cover and set on low.
- Cook the oat porridge for 7 hours.
- When the mixture is thick, remove the lid and stir to mix well, then stir in the berries.
The Palms at Sunset Lakes Apartments in Zachary, Louisiana